Welcome to Southside Children’s Ministry
At Southside, we believe that children are being transformed to become more like Jesus. We believe that children are a vital part of our church community and are encouraged to participate. Our purpose is to join alongside children and families as they strive to follow Jesus in everyday life.
We equip our children and families to live the way of Jesus through four central disciplines:
LOVE… we love because God first loves us.
LEARN… we are learning how to follow Jesus by engaging with the Bible and observing the examples of those around us.
LISTEN… we are learning how to be still and hear the voice of God.
LEAD… we are learning how to show the love of God in everyday life.
Getting to know Jesus and each other is at the heart of Southside Kids Ministry. Opportunities to hear and respond to God’s word happen every time we gather.
While we have resumed in-person worship gatherings, we have yet to resume gatherings for kids at this time. We would still love for you and your family to join us this Sunday. Children are welcome in our auditorium as full participants (wiggles and noises included) as we worship God together. Young children, like most of us, learn by doing and it is a joy to have our children join in worship alongside the rest of the church community. As you’re considering whether to join us on Sunday morning, here are a few things to know:
- Service lasts between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Family seating has been created through out the auditorium to allow for you child to sit on the floor and play as needed.
- Activity Buckets are available for your use during service. Each bucket is filled with various activities and toys to keep hands busy. Also in each bucket are tools to help your child engage with service as appropriate.
- Family space is available in the nursery if your child needs a little more space to more around. The service is streamed into the nursery so you can stay connected to what is happening in the auditorium. This room is self-service so please stay with your child at all times. Signs are posted around the building to help direct you to the nursery.
A few other things to know:
- While Kids Worship is not meeting in person, weekly videos are posted to our YouTube page and the main Southside Facebook Page.
- Masks are required while in the building for everyone 5 years and older.